The following is a guideline to assist with your packing:
- No Military camouflage
- Other camo can be worn while hunting, but not while travelling to or around Zimbabwe.
- Ammunition: most airlines have a weight limit of 11lbs but please check with your travel agent
- Soft gun bags for your rifles for on the hunting vehicle.
- Power in the camp is supplied by 220v generator and therefore goes off at 10pm, there is alternative lighting in the rooms but we suggest a good torch and spare batteries as well.
- Please bring any convertors necessary for items that require 110v power.
- Laundry is done every day therefore 3 changes of hunting clothes should be sufficient. We suggest dark colours for hunting, dark green, brown or even blue.
- A warm jacket for evenings and mornings as well as comfortable closed shoes for around camp.
- Should you be bringing a CPAP machine for at night please advise us so that we may arrange a battery back up for when the generator is turned off.
- Personal medications as it is a long way from camp to the nearest pharmacy and please be sure to notify us of any allergies.
Our power supply is by generator and is 220v, please bring necessary converters.
Additionally you will need to fill out the below form in order to carry Firearms in Zimbabwe.
Global Rescue Memberships:
When you travel, chances are good that your personal medical insurance won’t bring you home or get you the emergency medical care you need. Global Rescue will! Global Rescue could save your life. Save Safaris works hard to ensure you have a safe and exhilarating experience while on our trips, but unavoidable incidents unfortunately do happen. Make sure you’re covered by the premier crisis response provider before you travel. Global Rescue is the world’s premier provider of medical & security advisory and evacuation services. Any time you have an illness or injury requiring hospitalization or face imminent bodily harm more than 100 miles from home, Global Rescue will reach you, stabilize you and bring you home, by whatever means necessary.
- Medical evacuations to your choice of hospital in your home country
- Emergency field rescue services from remote areas anywhere in the world
- Medical consultations by specialists at Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Deployable paramedics and security personnel to your location
- Non-medical evacuations for security emergencies or cases of imminent grievous bodily harm
- 24/7 Operations Center staffed by paramedics and special operations personnel for instant medical and security advice
- Access to real time city and country political & medical intelligence
Global Rescue memberships are all-inclusive and have no deductibles or hidden costs. Memberships are available in short term, single-trip options or annual plans protecting all travels, both domestic and international. Standard Trip Insurance is an important financial planning instrument but is not designed to provide immediate emergency services. Although some trip insurance programs claim to offer medical evacuations and repatriations, the benefits are written with extensive limits and are designed more for reimbursement than timely emergency action. Would you rather a critical care paramedic backed by Johns Hopkins or an insurance claims adjuster answer the phone during your emergency? Save Safaris strongly recommends that you purchase a Global Rescue membership to protect yourself and your family when the next emergency occurs.
Simply download and fill out the application form below!